[Xen-users] Re: System reboots after "Scrubbing free RAM" Xen 4.0.1 linux 2.6.37-rc3

Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 14:42:17 +0100
From: Felix Kuperjans <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-Users] System reboots after "Scrubbing free RAM" Xen
        4.0.1   linux   2.6.37-rc3
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I saw this effect on some recent pv_ops kernels (esp. after 2.6.32.18);
try enabling "optimize for size" in the kernel config (general options)
if it's not enabled already. It solved the problem for me, but I've got
no time to investigate this issue now.
Would be interesting if it is the reason for you reboots, too.
If this is reproducible, it seems like some XEN code fails on -O2 or
whichever is used without this option.

Nope, unfortunately that doesn't work. The kernel was compiled with this option set.

I'll give the extra memory 'trick' a go next and tell you how it went. I figure giving dom0 5 GB (1 GB over the half of total memory) will be enough?

Regards,
Marek