Re: [Xen-users] Re: System reboots after "Scrubbing free RAM" Xen 4.0.1 linux 2.6.37-rc3

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:24:18PM +0100, Marek Kaszycki wrote:
> I guess I'll give up on trying, at least until I can find a way to
> capture the tty logs.
>
> Just to confirm, though, has ANYONE managed to boot up a 2.6.37 dom0 at
> all, considering it's still brand new and untested? It seems that the
> highest Xen kernel available is 2.6.32 (which, as I explained previously,
> is still a bit outdated for my PC), and there are no 2.6.34 (which is the
> lowest revision that I would consider running) or newer.
>
> I also found the following on the wiki:
> Features queued for 2.6.37:
> Initial Xen dom0 support (no backend drivers yet).
> Xen PCI frontend driver required for Xen PCI Passthru to PV guest/domU.
> Enhanced PV-on-HVM drivers: pirq remappings. Deliver IRQs as Xen event
> channels for better performance.
>
> What does the 'yet' in 'no backend drivers yet' refer to -- current
> release candidates or the stable release?

It means that no xen backend drivers have been submitted yet.
So there won't be Xen backend drivers in upcoming kernel.org Linux 2.6.37.

I believe xen-unstable includes userspace qemu blkback implementation,
so if you switch to xen 4.1 (xen-unstable) you should be able to
run guests using 2.6.37 dom0.

-- Pasi