[Xen-users] Create a VHD image?

Hello Xen-Users,

I am trying to migrate a project over to VHD files in Xen4/blktap2 to take advantage of the copy-on-write features.

Right now I am experimenting with the capabilities of VHD files. After creating the file, however, I cannot find a way to install an operating system onto it. I've tried mounting it using the instructions in the blktap2 README http://lxr.xensource.com/lxr/source/tools/blktap2/README
but trying to run debootstrap on the path returned by tapdisk2 gives confusing errors. Here's an example:

deckard:~# vhd-util create -n testVHDImage -s 1024
deckard:~# ls -lart testVHDImage
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5120 2010-12-04 22:42 testVHDImage
deckard:~# tapdisk2 -n vhd:/root/testVHDImage
/dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0
deckard:~# debootstrap lenny /dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0
mkdir: cannot create directory `/dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0': File exists
mknod: `/dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0/test-dev-null': Not a directory
E: Cannot install into target '/dev/xen/blktap-2/tapdev0' mounted with noexec or nodev
deckard:~#

Does anybody have any experience creating VHD disk images, or any guidance in this particular matter?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

--
Garrett Robinson
(484) 802-3882