Re: [Xen-users] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

  • To: rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: chris <tknchris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:00:16 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 08:01:33 -0800

I've been hearing this for about 10 years and during that 10 years
have never had a single issue getting ipv4 addresses. While I agree
that it will run out at some point and that ipv6 probably has
advantages over ipv4 I think there is just the appearance of a
shortage due to the allocation of large blocks of ips very early on
which are very under utilized. I don't think its really anything to
worry about especially with ipv6inipv4 working just fine.

you see this story posted on various "tech" sites every year for a long time