Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4.0.1 from gitco + Kernel Dom0 from git won'¡t start

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can you try to remove the dom0_mem=512M and see what happens? Why did you
> > add that in there?
> >

> Done, I removed it and the panic remains, I'm sorry I cannot provide anymore

Bummer.

> info, as I said there's no way for me to watch what happens before the
> panic, it goes by too fast.
>
> By the way I Was checking the wiki on the serial console but it always
> requires some sorta hardware to work, either a null modem cable which I
> could try doing or the management card for the server, but as another
> question, is there anyway to log that error like with dmesg or something for
> me to check when I boot the working kernel like piping the output to a file
> or something?.

Not at that early stage. I fear to get close to this you would need to get
PCI serial card so that we can figure out what is happening.

Well this is a rackable systems server and it has an integrated serial port, so what should I do to get that working, bear in mind am a bit far from the server, (other room), so any indication would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

---
David Gonzalez H.
DGHVoIP - Linux Server Administration - OpenVPN - Virtualization Support
www.dghvoip.com
USA: +1 (347) 414-8499
COL: +57(1)289-1168
          +57(4)247-0985
          +57(315)838-8326
MSN: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: davidgonzalezh
Proud Linux User #294661
... The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not ...