Re: [Xen-users] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

Well arptables is officially deprecated anyway. I don't know whether its
successor, ebtables, supports filtering of the content of NDP messages,
but you can filter NDP messages themselves with iptables just as any
other icmpv6 message - for example, denying them at all. Or you add
static neighbor entries, which cannot be overwritten by neighbor
solicitations.
In addition, the neighbor proxy serves as a replacement for the arp
proxy in routed scenarios.
A good point to start is using static ARP + neighbor entries for all
domUs and the gateway at eth0. This will effectively prohibit most
working ARP / NDP attacks.

What I'm personally missing is NAT. I know it has been dropped for good
reasons, but NAT has some cool advantages like hiding a webserver domU
and a mailserver domU behind a single IP address - which will obfuscate
your virtual server structure.

We use an own private internal network within our server, which is dual
stack with IPv4 + IPv6, using a routed setup with static ARP + neighbor
entries, but however, I do not yet route external IPv6 addresses to the
domUs (not for an explicit reason, rather because of too less time /
interest). I think XEN as a software is ready for IPv6, although the
default vif-scripts do not really do much about that. But bridges and
routing works finde with both of them, it's just a question of the setup.