RE: [Xen-users] XCP 1.0 beta - domU boot: unable to retrieve network based images

  • To: "Todd Deshane" <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Joe Linoff" <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:14:08 -0800
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joe Linoff <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 10:18:20 -0800

Hi Todd:

Thank you for your help.

> One possible helpful reference: http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/guest.pdf

Yup, I have read that document. Unfortunately, at item 6 on page 26 it says “VNC and perform the OS installation” which is where I got stuck.

> I've installed from the Clarkson mirror successfully, this is the URL that I use: http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/5.5/os/x86_64/

Great, I will try that.

> Typically, I install with openxenmanager or xenwebmanager. Have you tried those?

Nope but I will try them today.

> One other thing to check is that your VM is connected to the right network.

That is a great suggestion and is probably the source of the problem. Unfortunately don’t know how to do that. I have verified that the dom0 VM server is on the right network but how can I check the domU VM while it is booting?

> Hope that helps.

It does. Thank you again for taking the time.

Cheers,

Joe

Please help if you can. I am stuck. I am trying to do a network based install of a CentOS 5.5 (64 bit) image using XCP 1.0 and got this error:

I have verified that the network images can be accessed on other hosts. Then I tried doing the same install with XCP 0.5 and got the same error which means that I am probably missing some simple, fundamental step. Maybe I am using the wrong UUID in one of the steps.

One possible helpful reference:

I've installed from the Clarkson mirror successfully, this is the URL that I use:

Typically, I install with openxenmanager or xenwebmanager. Have you tried those?

One other thing to check is that your VM is connected to the right network.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Todd

--