Re: [Xen-users] Access Control solution for Xen?

  • To: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ozan Safi <ozansafi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:21:05 +0100
  • Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 05:23:09 -0800

Hi,
I am looking for an open-source management solution that has support for access control. For some reason I wasn't able to access the control panel demo site but I went through dtc-xen's presentation and have not seen anything related to access control. Could you point me to a link where this is explained?

Until now, I've only seen mention of such a feature on Eucalyptus Enterprise Edition.
from http://www.eucalyptus.com/products/eee: "Sophisticated user, group, and role management allows precise control of resources within a private cloud"

If it is not available in any free and open-source software, I am planning to implement it myself. Either by extending one of the management solutions or modifying the Xen code itself.

--
Ozan