Re: [Xen-users] Re: Network isolation - PCI passthrough question

Le 20/12/2010 17:10, Mike Fröhner a écrit :
> Am 20.12.2010 15:55, schrieb Jean Baptiste FAVRE:

>>> How many network cards do you have in this computer? I think you'll need
>>> minimal 2 nics. One for dom0 and domU (vif) to communicate and one for
>>> PCI passthrough. As you understood right, dom0 won't see the PCI
>>> passthrought nic.

>> Hello,
>>
>> For now, I have 2 nics within a bond interface.
>> What I would like to achieve is to have a dedicated domU acting as
>> firewall for all other domU like in Qubes-os project
>> (http://qubes-os.org/Home.html).
>> That means, I want to passthrough both nics to one domU called "netDomU"
>> and connect all "regular" domU networks to "netDomU".
>>
>> But since dom0 won't see any network card, how can I create vif
>> interfaces ?
>
> If I understood right u want to simulate an office with different appVMs?
>
> I think I got a solution for you:
>
> The vif doesn't need a bridge from a real nic. You could also use a
> bridge on the lo-device for domU vifs.
>
> There would be just one Problem. The dom0 wont be directly accessible
> because it does not have an ip address. Perhaps it is possible to create
> another bridge for communication to the firewall (if it is a router).
>
> This is really crazy stuff :)

Hello,
I like crazy stuff :)
But still don't see how to achieve it.

I don't care about dom0 network as it's just near me (test machine) :)
But I do care about domU network and I'm not sure I understand your "vif
bridged on lo-device".
Could you give more details ?

Regards,
JB