Re: [Xen-users] Yet another question about multiple NICs

Thomas Jensen wrote:

Philippe,

This is the article I was referring to:
http://www.debian-administration.org/article/470/Using_multiple_network_cards_in_XEN_3.0

Make sure to read all the comments as there are some corrections and
updates to the article.

You're right. When I found this article in my Google searches, I
thought it was not relevant for my specific case. But reading through
all comments showed me my error.
So I checked every point, and the only new thing I noticed was:
comment the (vif-script vif-bridge) line in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp

I did it, but it changes nothing, for vif-bridge is called by default.

The combination of udev rules, this modified wrapper script, and a few
DNS entries on my DomUs were the three steps I needed to take in order
to get multiple NICs configured on my Debian Lenny setup.

So, last thing to check: the udev rules. The only related issue I
found in my Google searches was that the interfaces were not named
properly across the reboots. I have no such issue. Am I wrong, or is
there something else to fix in the udev rules ?

Thanks for your time,
Philippe