Re: [Xen-users] eComStation and OS/2 support

  • To: Massimo <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Trolle Selander <trolle.selander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:44:30 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 06:45:49 -0800

Hi Massimo,

OS/2 Warp & Warp Server used to work quite well on OSS Xen. I never had access to eComStation when I was created the patches to make OS/2 work, so I can't say for certain that it works. Chances are pretty good though. It's been a good while since I tested this, however, and I also never gave it a spin on XenServer, only OSS Xen. The current XenServer releases are based on a core Xen version which I know worked well with OS/2, and I cannot think of anything in XenServer that would stop OS/2 from working. Give it a spin, and if you run into any issues, let me know. Getting OS/2 to work on Xen was how I got into Xen development in the first place, so I'd like to ensure the ability hasn't been lost in newer versions.

Regards,
Trolle