From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jake Stride
[jake@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 January 2011 14:33
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] HVM Networking Issues

I've looked long and hard for an answer to this and am stuck.

I have setup a Windows XP DomU on Xen 3.2-1 running on Debian and I
can connect fine to the instance via VNC but I get no networking
within the windows instance as it says the IP address conflicts with
another on the network.

All my linux instances network fine, and I'm confused as to the issue.
Can anybody provide any pointers? My cfg is:

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-default/boot/hvmloader"
builder = 'hvm'
vif = [ 'type=ioemu,bridge=eth0,ip=78.xxx.xxx.xxx,mac=22:61:34:00:00:01' ]
memory = 512
shadow_memory = 8
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/xen-vol/xp,hdc,w' ]
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-default/bin/qemu-dm'
boot = "dc"
vnc = 1 # use VNC to insall and setup windows after that is done you
can disable this
vncpasswd = '***'
vnclisten = '78.xxx.xxx.xxx'
vcpus = 2 # number of cpu's to assign
stdvga = 0
serial = 'pty'
usbdevice = 'tablet' # Required for USB mouse
on_reboot = 'restart'
on_crash = 'restart'

Thanks
Jake