[Xen-users] HVM + physical LVM partitions with xen 4?

Hi,

I am currently trying to use existing LVM partitions as follows:

builder = "hvm"
disk = ['phy:/dev/vg/hvm-disk,ioemu:xvda1,w',
'phy:/dev/vg/hvm-home,ioemu:xvda2,w', 'phy:/dev/vg/hvm-swap,ioemu:xvda3,w']

but it gives the following error:

Error: Device model isn't ready for commands

and the log files show:

qemu: ignoring not-understood drive `xvda1'
qemu: ignoring not-understood drive `xvda2'
qemu: ignoring not-understood drive `xvda3'

I would like to use VGA Passthrough, which requires HVM. Does this mean that I
need to convert the above LVM partitions to an image file or is it possible to
use HVM and physical partitions with xen 4?

Regards,

Marcus.
--
Marcus Furlong - VPAC Systems Administrator