Re: [Xen-users] Xen domU cannot boot via PV-GRUB

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM, GNUbie <gnubie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Just a side note, I created a new domU from scratch using their stock
>> image just to compare on what they have in a default settings. Below
>> are the logs.
>
>> [    0.119444] XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2049
>
> 2049 is xvda1

Sorry, meant to say sda1.

Newer kernels will silently change all [h/s]d? mappings to xvd?, so if
you use newer kernels (2.6.3x is new enough) there's no difference
whether you use hda/sda/xvda in domU config file. That's why your
reference boot log and /proc/partition says xvda1 instead of sda1.

--
Fajar