[Xen-users] XM sched-credit

Hi,

I have modified the sched-credit for one virtual machine, using xm sched-credit -d 0 -w 60000, and the next day Nagios reported some problems on Dom0. Two plugins, that are checking the firewall and smartctl reported "socket timeout after 10 seconds". When I issued the two scripts, one of them took 5 seconds to run, and the other one a few minutes. Here is the first command that took 5 seconds:

/sbin/iptables-save|grep -v '^\*' |grep -v '^#' |grep -v '^COMMIT'|grep -v '^:'|wc -l

When straced, it pauses for a long time in wait4(). When issued several times, it waits a long time on the third or forth grep. The second one does the same in read(). The load on the dom0 is 0.02, ulimit is ok,and there is no waiting time for the cpu. Also, the virtual machines are running smoothly, without high IO, memory or CPU.

Could the problem be generated by the scheduler, that allocated a small weight for the dom0?

Thx in advance,

Paul PISCUC