RE: [Xen-users] Re: Xen 4.0.1 + 2.6.37 missing input from console

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:26:10 -0800 <a_balandis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your involvement. I have NVidia Quadro NVS140M (Thinkpad T61p).
> I've just tried "nomodeset" and unfortunately it doesn't help.

It appears you are using a laptop based on your video card which also happens to be the same one I am using. Perhaps you could post your lspci -vvv -s 01:00.0 output to be certain.

If this is the case the kernel at: http://xenbits.xen.org/people/ianc/2.6.32-29+xen0/ works perfectly for native (bare-metal) and dom0 operation as well.

> Do you have any other clues ? Maybe I missed something when I was compiling
> the kernel (or hypervisor) ?
> Strange that dom0 does output nothing to console without mentioned extra
> kernel parameters.

I am not aware of the intricate details (perhaps a developer could elaborate) of what these 'extra' kernel parameters so in the kernel code, but there was an entire page created on the subject so work was done to make this work.

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPVOPSDRM

-M