Re: [Xen-users] Cannot install gnome on guest VM?

2011/1/19 Wenda Ni <wonda.ni@gmail.com>
hello,

I believe I have started guest VM now. Is there any GUI support for guest VM? I tried to "apt-get install gnome", but it doesnot work. My host OS is ubuntu 10.10.

Short version: there's no package named "gnome" on Ubuntu. There's ubuntu-desktop or ubuntu-netbook, which should install necessary packages for a desktop/netbook environment (including gnome desktop).

This is unrelated to Xen though. Ask on Ubuntu forums/list if you need more info on Ubuntu packages.

--
Fajar