Re: [Xen-users] Xen on two node DRBD cluster with Pacemaker

On Wednesday 19 January 2011 21:15:46 Jean Baptiste FAVRE wrote:
> Hello Bart,
> I wrote such an howto some times ago. It's available here in french
> (http://publications.jbfavre.org/virtualisation/cluster-xen-corosync-pacema
> ker-drbd-ocfs2.fr) and here in english
> (http://publications.jbfavre.org/virtualisation/cluster-xen-corosync-pacema
> ker-drbd-ocfs2.en).
>
> It's LVM based but could be easily adapted for img files.
>
> Regards,
> JB
>
> Le 19/01/2011 17:54, Bart Coninckx a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > could somebody point me to what is considered a sound way to offer Xen
> > guests on a two node DRBD cluster in combination with Pacemaker? I
> > prefer block devices over images for the DomU's. I understand that for
> > live migration DRBD 8.3 is needed, but I'm not sure as to what kind of
> > resource
> > agents/technologies are advised (LVM,cLVM, ...) and what kind of DRBD
> > config (seperate devices for each DomU I guess?)
> > Thank you!
> > Bart

Hi Jean,

thank you for this document, it seems highly educational. Could you please
verify if I understand correctly:

- you use LVM to build your DRBD resources on (not the other way around)
- you use a DRBD resource with a OCFS2 filesystem on to offer the ISO's and
config files on both nodes for every DomU
- for each DomU you create a seperate DRBD resource that is allowed to be dual
primary so you can do live migrations.

Am I doing all right?  ;-)

cheers,

B.