RE: [Xen-users] iscsi vs nfs for xen VMs

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:38:52AM +0100, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > if you want to push on performance the best one is:
> >
> > CLVM over iSCSI
> >

> And if you need snapshots, just over normal LVM over shared iSCSI LUN.
> (in this case your management toolstack needs to take care of locking LVM
> control).

How sure are you of this? Every write to the original or the snapshot involves
a potential metadata update. If the original is mounted on one node and the
snapshot on another, I'm pretty sure that it would all go to crap really really
quickly.

Have you actually tried this???

James