Re: [Xen-users] can vnc line in domu.cfg be a problem for failed installation

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now one fellow on the above form (Linuxquestions.org)  suggested he
> had resolved similar problem by commenting out
>
> vfb = [ "type=vnc,vncunused=1,keymap=en-us" ]
>
> Since I no more have the Debian thing and Xen working on it so I can
> not test this part but
>
> I would like to know (may my question will help many others)
>
> 1) Can I confirm via some link that the reply I got is correct?
> 2) Has any one experienced some thing similar if yes then what did
> they do to resolve.

I'm not familiar with rinse or xen-create-image, but here's what I
know when installing RHEL/Centos on Xen:
1) You can use virt-manager (the easy way), or do it manually (like
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU)
2) domU can use xen text console (xvc0 or hvc0), vnc console, or both.
3) If domU is setup using vnc console (like when setup with
virt-manager), text console is usually not used
4) you can always setup text console manually. See
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenCommonProblems, look for
"console"
5) incorrect/incompatible vnc settings can cause domU fail to start.
On some versions of Xen I had to remove "vncunused=0" line to make it
start correctly.

--
Fajar