Re: [Xen-users] debian squeeze released.

On 2011/02/06 23:08, Mauro wrote:
> On 6 February 2011 23:02, Olivier B. <xen.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Of course yes.
> >
> > Install the package xen-linux-system-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 for Xen Dom0
> > support.
>
> Hope there aren't problem upgrading Dom0 and DomsU from lenny.
Today I upgraded a system (Dom0 and 6 DomU's) all running debian lenny.
The only problem I saw was that with the 2.6.32 stock debian kernel the domU's
could not find their root filesystem if the device was /dev/sda2. After
changing that to /dev/xvda2 all was fine.

And there is a Grub2 issue in debian where the xen hypervisor entries are listed
after the vanilla debian kernels, which is annoying. Solution was to rename
/etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen to /etc/grub.d/09_linux_xen, which I know is a hack
but DD's are still working on the issue.

Also noticed some other minor problems but those were mostly not XEN related.

Kiss Karoly