Re: [Xen-users] Re: XCP 1.0 Issues:

On Wednesday 16 February 2011 02:40 AM, Todd Deshane wrote:
> Hi Pankaj,
>
> These types of questions are best posed on the xen-users list. I've
> added the list to the CC.
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:59 AM, pankaj.kumar@xxxxxxxxxx
> <pankaj.kumar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Todd,
>>
>> I am using XCP 1.0 since last one month and i have got few issues.
>> Last week my XCP Server went down abruptly due to power failure.
>>
>> 1. When i tried to start the guest machines on it, it gave error 'the vdi is
>> not available.

This is probably due to an unsafe shutdown resulting xe database
inconsistency.
Try xe-toolstack-restart and see if that helps.

> Maybe this is related:
> http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX122001
>

>> 2. Second thing is when i try to install a new machine with DVD or from NFS
>> ISO's, it ask for choosing appropriate drivers.

IMO This has nothing to do with XCP. Most of the times this comes when
the kernel on ISO has insufficient drivers.
Try doing a centos 5 install and see if problem persist.

Seniors can shed some light on this.

> Where is it asking for appropriate drivers?
>
> Also, just in case you missed the message, a new XCP release candidate
> is available:
>
> http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/Software/xcp-1.0-rc2
>
> Others on this list may have some pointers to your specific problem as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

Regards,
Rushikesh