Re: [Xen-users] not able to install new vm on 4.0.1

On 2/19/2011 2:11 PM, Randy Katz wrote:
Hi,

If I load up a new CentOS 5.5 install, then

cd /etc/yum.repos.d
wget http://www.gitco.de/repo/GITCO-XEN4.0.1_x86_64.repo
yum install xen
make the xen kernel boot (add pci=nomsi otherwise will hang)
(ps xm dmesg looks fine, xm list shows Domain-0 running)
when I try to add a vm:

virt-install --prompt

after the place where the os loads stage2.img and does a boot it just hangs for 30 seconds and goes away. I checked what is going on by doing it in a vnc session and just gives a boot error. Has anyone seen this? Is there
a way around it?

I also tried to remove all the gitco packages, reboot, install the Virtualization group, reboot, using
Xen 3 and it does the same thing:

# virt-install --prompt
Would you like a fully virtualized guest (yes or no)? This will allow you to run unmodified operating systems. yes
 What is the name of your virtual machine? server5.daqri.com
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 1024
 What would you like to use as the disk (file path)? /disk0/vmname1.com
What is the install CD-ROM/ISO or URL? http://centosmirrorhost.com/centos/5.5/os/x86_64/

Starting install...
Retrieving file .treeinfo... | 417 B 00:00 Retrieving file boot.iso... | 10 MB 00:00 Creating domain... | 0 B 00:01
Connected to domain vmname1.com
Escape character is ^]