Re: [Xen-users] Home Xen hypervisor for master's project

  • To: Ryan Holt <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Joseph Commisso <commissoje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 01:59:27 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 23:01:00 -0800

I greatly appreciate your input.
I am going to use your information by seriously considering the server
grade Opteron.
I will table the question of which processor can do what for a later
date as I am not knowledgeable on the architecture of these chips, but
since I am documenting my progress, I will try and research the
benefits of the Xeon vs Opteron and I will try and get back to you in
the next few weeks or so, if that is ok with you.
As I said Intel is a great product in my mind as well. I am not sure
what I will find, but I am going to focus on the way each CPU
interfaces with the rest of the motherboard.
I am not trying to "win" or anything, but I want to know more about
this and it has my interest.

Thanks again,
Joe