Re: [Xen-users] PV Drivers for Windows

On 2/22/2011 10:39 PM, Ciro Iriarte wrote:

Hi, I've been using Xen for quite a while, but always with Linux
ParaVirtual domUs. Recently somebody asked me about Windows support as
domU on Xen, and I always had this doubt, are all the PV drivers de
same?, I know there are at least three, the ones from Citrix, the VMDP
from Novell and  GPLPV drivers

Are all of them compatible with Xen 4?, all of them provide the same
functions/performance?, what's the general rule of thumb on this
subject?

To my knowledge, Windows guests only run in HVM mode, not as
paravirtualized guests.  I have a Xen 4 environment (openSUSE
dom0) where I run a combination of Linux and Windows guests.
No issues with the Windows guests so far.

--
Steve Sapovits
steves06@xxxxxxxxxxx