RE: [Xen-users] RFH: Windows2003+GPLPV packet-receive breaks aftersometime (Xen 3.4.3 amd64)

  • To: "Philipp Hahn" <hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:10:29 +1100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 03:14:51 -0800

> Hello James,
>
> thanks for your fast answer.
>
> Am Samstag 26 Februar 2011 01:47:23 schrieb James Harper:
> > Do you have any Linux PV domains?
>
> I don't understand, where a Linux PV domains fits in here, since the
> problematic domU is a Windows Domain. Is this for cross-testing PV
problems?

Yes. If the problem occurs in a Linux PV domain (or even a Linux HVM
domain with PV drivers) then it rules GPLPV out as a problem

> > If you install the debug version of the driver then you'll get info
> > written to /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<domUname>.log which might show
> > something useful
> >
> > Also, try turning off all the offload functions in the advanced
> > properties of the network adapter under Linux.
>
> Will try.
>
> > Does your Dom0 have any GRE tunnels? I have seen problems when these
are
> > used before, but that's a Dom0 routing interaction with checksum
> > offloading.
>
> Not that I know off. Is it possible to detect, that these errors?
> What I find strange is that the error occurs only after some time,
after
> everything worked fine. The occurrence of the error might be corelated
> some high network traffic load, when the network backup starts.

With offload functions enabled I have seen these problems in conjunction
with GRE tunnels but not on LAN traffic and not with offload functions
disabled.

James