Re: [Xen-users] virt-manager 0.8.2 local ISO and PXE boot install option greyed out on 2.6.32.27 pv-ops Dom0 kernel

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just installed a pv-ops Dom0 2.6.32.27 Kernel on a 64 bit non VT machine.

> Let me know if there is any possibility of improvement so that I can
> get the option of install from Local ISO here.

You can't.

Most (or perhaps all?) Linux distro can't be installed in
paravirtualized (PV) mode using local ISO/CDROM, so virt-manager does
not allow that option (for simplicity, maybe).

Full virtualization (HVM) mode allows you to install from ISO/CDROM,
but it needs hardware virtualization support (VT/AMD-V).

Also, virt-manager is not part of Xen. It's a separate virtualization
management software. So if you have problems with virt-manager you
might have better luck asking on their list/forum.

--
Fajar