RE: [Xen-users] how to compile a dom0 kernel

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:13:36 +0530 <abhidixit87@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I was wondering on internet if there is any guide that mentions how to
> compile a Dom0 kernel for a Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit system.
> What I came across after a lot of Googling were some Debian guides
> here and there and most of the guides on Xen's wiki are to make
> a pv-ops Dom0 kernel.No where I see how can you compile your own Dom0
> for a distribution such as Ubuntu .
> Can any one clarify my doubt?

I might be mistaken, but if you take you pv-ops sources, you should be able to
build a Debian based dom0 based kernel after installing the kernel-package ...
for 10.04 this would be http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/kernel-package

And then
fakeroot /usr/bin/make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-xen kernel_image
kernel_headers

By the way there has been some discussions on this.... maybe not a great
example (but one that comes up at the top of a quick search) would be:

I like the guide provided at: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1489187
To help guide one through what is needed to compile a kernel with the possibly
of added patches on vanilla kernel sources.

-M