Re: [Xen-users] virt-manager 0.8.2 local ISO and PXE boot install option greyed out on 2.6.32.27 pv-ops Dom0 kernel

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Most (or perhaps all?) Linux distro can't be installed in
> paravirtualized (PV) mode using local ISO/CDROM, so virt-manager does
> not allow that option (for simplicity, maybe).

I do not agree with you here.I have used KVM and virt-manager also and virt-manager  gives an option to
install a PV guest or HVM guest and they use the same ISO which one downloads from the vendors site.

While it's entirely possible that I'm not up to date with latest virt-manager, please don't mix different technologies together unless you really know what you're saying.

KVM is mostly similar to HVM. They both require VT/AMD-V. You said you don't have VT.

PV is different.

Now did you REALLY see "virt-manager  gives an option to
install a PV guest or HVM guest and they use the same ISO which one downloads from the vendors site" on a machine with no VT capability?

--
Fajar