[Xen-users] Re: Troubles with Xenoprof

Hello,

could you please confirm that you received my previous email and that I posted to the correct thread?

Thank you,
Roman

On 03/08/2011 03:10 PM, Roman Iakymchuk wrote:
Hello,

to monitor performance of applications on our private clouds I decided to use Xenoprof. I installed  patched OProfile 0.9.5 on Dom0 and DomU. I was able to monitor CPU_CLK_UNHALTED, stopped monitoring as it is recommended in the attached guide. And, I generated report by opreport. Then, I wanted to monitor another event, so I followed the procedure, but I stuck starting opcontrol on DomU, please see the error below:

Using 2.6+ OProfile kernel interface.
Failed to open OProfile device: Device or resource busy
Couldn't start oprofiled.
Check the log file "/var/lib/oprofile/oprofiled.log" and kernel syslog

Could you please help me to solve the problem? Maybe I stopped profiling system in the wrong way?

Configuration of the clouds:
1. Hardware: CPU: Xeon X5530(2.4GHz, 8MB) X 2;
2. Operating System: CentOS 5.4 x86_64;
4. Kernel: 2.6.18-164.el5xen;
5. Xen: xen-3.03.-94.el5.

Thank you,