From: John McMonagle [mailto:johnm@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 15:51
To: Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Slow windows network with gplpv driver.

Guess I'm mostly used to linux.
iperf is a very simple tests and doesn't take good of hardware to get close
1gbits/sec with gbit  ethernet.

This machine will primarily do terminal services. it will access some files
on
Linux server.
We are a linux shop and that allows us to run some widows apps while keeping

all the users on linux terminals.

Did a test of the current server 2003 real server and it's getting 230 Mbits

/second.
Odds are the 160Mbits/second with SEP running will be Ok but I'd like to do
better.
Watching Resource monitor in server 2008 cpu goes to 100% while running
tests.
Dom0 stays at 0%.

Ran into another strange thing.
I tried changing vcpus  from  from 2 to 4.
my networks speed dropped to 74 Mbits/s

If I revert back to 2 it comes back to 160.
What can cause that?
I have not activate yet in case that matters.

John