Re: [Xen-users] Can't boot HVM Linux guests on Debian Squeeze Dom0

Thanks to all for the replies!

I checked xm info and virt_caps, and my machine does display the correct listings there for hardware virtualization.

Commenting out the sdl, serial and shadow_memory parameters in the configuration file unfortuantely did not change the problem in any way. If only life were so simple!

The output from the xend.log file is, of course, enormous. It is attached.

The much more manageable log file is /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-sarge, which has interesting errors related to both networking and the tap driver.

Output of /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-sarge:
domid: 10
-c config qemu network with xen bridge for
tap10.0 xenbr0
bridge xenbr0 does not exist!
/etc/xen/scripts/qemu-ifup: could not launch network script
Could not initialize device 'tap'

I'd really appreciate any help! I'm not sure why the tap device even needs to be initialized, as I'm using file: for disk access. And isn't xenbr0 the default bridge?