Re: [Xen-users] physical network card assigned to the domU can optimize the performance?

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 5:11 AM, kazabe <kazabe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi.
> I have a SAMBA PDC on a domU.  The users are experimenting low performance
> when use the apps stored in the server (access databases).
> The first discard was assign exclusives CPU's to the domU.
> kernel      = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-xen-686'

that is old (is it even maintained?), and has known bugs

> ethtool -K eth0 tx off

... like this one. Or it could just be your NIC is flakey.

I'v been using RHEL with Broadcom (tg3 and bnx2 driver), and hasn't
seen this problem in long time. It works fine with bridge setup.

> Any another idea to discard?

Dump the kernel. Choose something else that works.

Either use an OS with tested Xen bundle (I use RHEL5.6) or compile
your own xen and dom0 kernel.

Normally I'd suggest upgrading your OS (is it Lenny?), but bundled Xen
in Squeeze does not have tap:aio support. You could probably make it
work by rebuilding xen userland package with a patch though (search
this list archive, it's mentioned not long ago).

--
Fajar