Re: [Xen-users] XCP failover HA

  • To: joelbiten <joel.sahlen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:49:27 +0000
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:54:14 -0800

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 6:03 AM, joelbiten <joel.sahlen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I have 2 nodes with shared storage and migration works like a charm. But
> is ther no way of building a XCP enviorment with HA or some kind of Failover
> that works with out my administration?

XCP is a cloud platform and as such it is not intended to include HA
support in the platform. These more advanced features are available
via other projects such as the Xen Cloud Control System (XCCS) for
example.

For more information see:
http://www.xencloudcontrol.com/
and
http://vburke.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/high-availability-bulletproofing-the-cloud/

HA and other advanced features are also available in products that
built on the XCP technology such as the non-free versions of Citrix
XenServer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Todd