[Xen-devel] Re: PROPOSAL: Remove 32-bit x86 host support in 4.2 development branch

On 17.03.2011 18:11 Ian Jackson wrote:
"Mini" laptops without 64-bit support are available for sale from many
vendors including Toshiba, Asus, Acer, etc.

This can only be first gen (N2xx series) Atoms, which have been superseded by N4xx/N5xx (supporting x64) in 2009 or Atom Z-series (targeted at MIDs). Those first gen N2xx have no VT (or PM) support either, so I do not see this as real target platform for upcoming Xen major releases where new features wouldn't be available for this limited CPU feature set anyway... (I'm not saying you shouldn't run Xen on a Netbook, but what would be the advantage of upgrading from Xen 4.1.x to 4.2.x on a x86_32/no-VT/no-PM device?)

Best regards,
   Christian