Re: [Xen-users] 1 host, 1 nick, 1 regular bridge, 1 local bridge, 5 vm

John Rounds wrote:
So Working on CEntOS 5 I am trying to sett up Xen with 2 bridges, one that connects dom0 and most of the domU to the physical card and the out to the network. Got that figured out no problem, now i want to have a second bridge that runs a local network for all the doms that doesn't connect to the network.

With code I have found used in multiple places I can easily get 2 bridges, and have all the Domu connected to it but i can't get Dom 0 to have an interface.

Script to set up bridges called fine from xend-config.sxp

]# cat multiple-bridge
#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=2 netdev=dummy bridge=xenbrloc1

I'd suggest you setup the local bridge manually - not in Xen.

Is this Debian ? If so then you can put something like this in /etc/network/interfaces - check the syntax, I'm typing this from memory :

auto xenbrloc1
xenbrloc1 inet static
  ip address a.b.c.d
  netmask w.x.y.z
  pre-up brctl addbr xenbrloc1
  post-down brctl delbr xenbrloc1

I think this should work for you. What happens is that when the I/F is brought up, the bridge is created first (pre-up), and then the IP addr is added to it. The bridge is automatically deleted if the I/F is taken down.

For other distros you'll need to adapt as required.

--
Simon Hobson