Re: [Xen-users] XCP- Unable to Import Lenny.xva

On 03/21/2011 03:45 PM, Jessica L Hartog wrote:
I'm trying to follow the guide to set up Lenny 5.0 VMs on my newly
installed XCP machine. Following what the wiki suggests I downloaded the
lenny.xva from http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/Software/lenny.xva,
saving to domain zero. (note that this file was updated March 1, 2011)

When I try to import lenny.xva to my Xen Cloud Platform host using the
command:
   xe vm-import filename=lenny.xva

I get the following output:
    The VM could not be imported.
    msg: HANDLE_INVALID: [VM; OpaqueRef: NULL ]

Is it possible that the uploaded lenny.xva file is invalid somehow? It
seems that this question was asked on this mailing list on March 17th
but has not yet been addressed.

Thank You,
Jessica Hartog

I believe that the xva is invalid, but I haven't had a chance to rewrite the wiki page yet. You should be able to skip the lenny.xva import and do

xe vm-install template=Debian\ Lenny\ 5.0\ \(32-bit\) ...

I'll see if I can update that wiki today...

Mike