Re: [Xen-users] XenServer console displays bootup but can't receive keyboard input?

On Friday 25 March 2011 14:46:36 Pandu Poluan wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 13:29, Joost Roeleveld <joost@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Friday 25 March 2011 11:39:21 Pandu Poluan wrote:
> > > The bad news is 'emerge strace' failed horribly on my system :(
> >
> > "strace" is in portage, so it should work. Not sure why it failed on
> > your
> > system. It may be related to the hardened profile you are running.
>
> Possibly so. emerge managed to pull the source, but failed during
> make, complaining of some 'undefined symbol' or such.

Ok, lets leave this bit for now. Think this is related to something else.
Maybe check on the gentoo-hardened list for this as the people there are more
likely to help with that :)

> > > I just tried 'emerge mingetty' and replace the hvc0 agetty with
> > > mingetty. Although mingetty managed to capture hvc0, still the same
> > > 'keyboard not responsive' problem.
> > >
> > > I strongly suspect a kernel misconfig on my part, though. dmesg does
> > > not indicate anything related to keyboard, while it indicates mice
> > > being found.
> > >
> > > I'll try mucking up the kernel config
> >
> > Did you manage to test with the xen-sources to see if that has any
> > effect?
>
> I tried to revert but the VM becomes wacky, so I re-revert the
> hardened VM to the latest, and am now creating a new VM to test the
> xen-sources.

Ok, I currently believe, like you, that the issue is related to kernel and/or
drivers.
To test properly, please use a non-hardened gentoo profile with the xen-sources
kernel (I use version 2.6.34-r4) using the .config I send you previously.

That way we can be certain it's not related to XenServer. :)

--
Joost Roeleveld