[Xen-users] Order of Operations for Attaching an iSCSI Disk to a Pool (Multipath)

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Evan Sarmiento <esarmiento@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:32:43 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:34:39 -0700

Hi,

I have three hosts successfully multipathing 3 LUNs, although, it took me a lot
of work to get there. I used both XenCenter on XenCloud 1.0 and CLI, but, I've
had just as much trouble in XC 0.5.

1. Should I do an iscsiadm login after I do an iscsiadm discovery, or, just
perform a discovery and then create the SR?
2. Often new paths are not detected, does Xen Cloud effectively try to log the
host out of a LUN and then log it back in?
3. Is there any way I can have new paths detected without performing the
following ritual-
        a. Service multipathd restart
        b. Iscsiadm -u, iscsiadm -l
        c. Multipath