[Xen-users] GPLPV drivers suspected to hinder live migration to different CPU type

Hi,

I've noticed that on a Xen cluster with three nodes (two E5620 CPUs and one E5140 CPU) live migration works perfectly in between to two E5620 nodes, but fails to and from the E5140. The error message is about a HVM context not being able to be set. I strongly suspect the use 238 GPPVL drivers, but I cannot uninstall them at this point because someone else needs the server.

Could I be right and also, can this be helped? I fiddled with cupid masking so the CPUs looked the same to the hypervisor, but that did not help.

thx!

B.