RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV drivers suspected to hinder live migration to different CPU type

  • To: <bart.coninckx@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:58:12 +1100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 04:08:34 -0700

> Hi James,
>
> - booted with NOGPLPV
> - ran the uninstall batch file
> - booted again with NOGPLPV on the Dom0 with the newer CPU
> - did a succesfull life migration to the Dom0 with the older CPU
> - did one back to the newer one and this resulted into a 0x0000007E BSoD on
> the windows machine on the target DomU
>
> So either I did not perform the uninstall correctly, either this had nothing
> to do with the GPLPV drivers.

The only way to be really sure would be to test on a machine that had never had
GPLPV installed, but it looks like GPLPV is nothing to do with the problem.

On the machine with GPLPV removed, can you make sure there are no xen*.sys
files in C:\windows\system32\drivers? If these files are deleted then you can
be sure that GPLPV is not running.

James