Re: [Xen-users] personal vm per users

----- "James Frost" <trollshade13@xxxxxxxxx> schreef:
> hi all,

I'm a student assigned with the task of trying to virtualize the current user desktops inside a school environment

is xen capable of starting virtual machines when a domain user logs in his computer?
and then for example the user uses RDP to connect to his virtual machine?

the most ideal solution would be at boot connecting to a virtual machine which is registered at the domain, so the user doesn't even notice he's using something virtual...

I tried googling and browsing the forums, but i's hard if I don't now the exact terms what I'm meant to solve.

in short: Users starts his computer, connects to a vritual machine to use for work (progamming, accounting, designing).
all for easier management.

thnx

What you might benefit from is a Xen farm where a bunch of virtual Windows machines run. Actually, it might be better to run a Windows Terminal Server, since running Windows workstations virtually is quite expensive license wise. Next you use something like LTSP to have old machines boot with PXE and connect immediately with RDP to the Terminal Servers.

B.