RE: [Xen-users] Grub2 xen priority order

  • To: "Mike Viau" <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 23:07:32 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:10:52 -0700

Hi,

If I recall most versions I have installed put a syms file in /boot

I know the deb packages don’t but I rarely use debs for xen, mainly because I can only upgrade when someone writes a new deb which is rare and upgrading from source over debs has always caused more problems than its worth.

If the syms file can be deleted then that’s fine but what is its purpose?

Thanks

Ian