[Xen-users] XCP assigning VMs static IPs before they're started

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Chris Dickson <chrisd1100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 14:43:22 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:44:51 -0700

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to give a VM a static IP before it's been started and without having toÂmodifyÂany of the VM's network startup scripts. In looking at XenServer examples peopleÂrecommendÂdoing something like this in the configuration file:

vif=['ip=192.168.0.100',bridge=xenbr0]

That doesn't seem to be an option in XCP with the CLI with xe vif-create. What am I missing here? Any help is appreciated. Maybe this is a networking question non-specific to Xen and I don't realize it. I'm using 0.5.

Also, if anyone can point me to some good documentation/tutorials on XCP networking that would be great. So far I've looked through all the stuff inÂhttp://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/ÂandÂhttp://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking.

Thanks,

Chris