Re: [Xen-users] creating a DomU from tar

Looks like a typo there in xen-tools.conf.

You need a 'c' on the end of $sr

tar-cmd  = /bin/tar --numeric-owner -xzvf $src

Now my plan is using the tar archive to create a new DomU.
So I  changed the xen-tools.conf using tar instead of debootstrap:

install-method = tar
install-source = /opt/backups/samba.tar.gz
tar-cmd  = /bin/tar --numeric-owner -xzvf $sr

The hole xen-tools.conf can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/a5GpXHfY

Now I am trying to create a new DomU with this command:
xen-create-image --size=5Gb --memory=254Mb --hostname=VM-samba-restore
--ip=192.168.255.211

and get the following error:

Creating ext3 filesystem on /dev/XEN-Server/VM-samba-restore-disk
Done
Installation method: tar
(Source: /opt/backups/samba.tar.gz)
Done
System installation failed.  Aborting
/tmp/KxbTNiPltf/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub: No such file or directory