Re: [Xen-users] Issues migrating to xen 4.1

  • To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • From: Sylvain CHEVALIER <sylvain.chevalier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:07:12 +0800
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:08:37 -0700

Many thanks Pasi and Claudiu for helping and sharing.

I am sorry for not giving much more details about our experiences with
dom0 hanging, but I don't want to touch our server right now as it is
running fine (except for qemu-dm memory leak) and people are using it.
I hope to set up another server this week and experiment with it.
These issues were similar to what Claudu described, but again, after
applying the fixes I described, it has been working fine, and we did
not have to revert it to 4.0.

I think we had terminal issues, with any command run locally or
remotely in dom0 giving an 'input/output' error message), and we could
not establish any other connection to it.

We are using the latest kernel on gentoo: 2.6.34-xen-r4 and had
similar issues with the previous one (2.6.34-xen-r3).

Thanks,

Sylvain