Re: [Xen-users] XCP question about similar hardware

Hi Denis,

I am planning to improve virtualization in my company. So I have
already a pool named p.e. Pool1. I have 5 servers Dell PowerEdge 1950
in it.
Now I have 4 servers Dell PowerEdge 2850 too.
Can I add 2850 to Pool1?
I can't find anything about compatibility for different hadrware in new release.

for XCP to accept new machine in a pool, you must have identical cpu flags (cat /proc/cpuinfo) or have recent hardware with CPU flag masking capability (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX127059). I guess your 1950's and 2850's unfortunatly don't have that. You might check if the feature set is the same.

Cheers,

Denis
--
Denis Cardon