[Xen-users] Windows 2008 R2 64 bit BSoD

  • To: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Fernando JimÃnez Solano <fernandojs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:34:28 +0200
  • Cc: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 06:35:38 -0700

Hello.

I'm trying to get the lastest GPLPV binary (rev 238) working on an
Ubuntu Server host with Xen 4, but I've got some problems. The guest
is a 64 bit Windows 2008 R2.

After enabling test mode and rebooting, installing and rebooting again
(with /NOGPLPV) I can see all the Xen devices, but two (out of three)
Xen Block Device Driver have an exclamation mark; I don't know if this
is normal or not. More reboots do nothing, they stay that way. The
exclamation mark error is "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've
got two hard disks and a DVD ISO attached to the VM.

So when I try to boot without /NOGPLPV I get the 0x0000007b BSoD.
Rebooting directly from installation without /NOGPLPV produces a BSoD,
too (I wasn't sure and tested it both ways). Uninstalling the drivers,
cleaning with the .bat for 0.10 and installing them again allows the
system to boot without /NOGPLPV, but those two devices still have the
exclamation marks, and further reboots result in BSoD. Apparently all
vbds are using the same driver, so that's odd.

At first I thought this was because of that weird bug that makes GPLPV
and tap:qcow fail, but I'm using tap:aio right now and it fails the
same way.

Regards,

Fernando JimÃnez.