[Xen-users] Re: Xen vs VirtualBox

Virtualbox works on a MAC OSX machine - it is the only freeware one that I
know that offers this capability.  It is not a "baremetal" hypervisor -
rather it runs on an OS.  VMware Player is a similar product.  I tried
VMware Player (freeware) and virtual box.  So far the virtual box seems to
perform a slight bit better.  When I tried to use Xen, I had installation
issues and really did not take the time to thoroughly test this product.
VMware Fusion will let you run a Windows OS on a MAC without the "bootcamp"
issues Parrallels will as well.  However Fusion and Parallels will cost you
money where virtualbox will not (at this time.)  I am curious if anyone out
there has performed testing on backup and recovery of these desktop VMs and
what the results were.