Re: [Xen-users] Expanding a virtual block device

in my case the domU resides in a lv at the dom0 too, i've used
lvextend instead of  vdi-resize

  Dom0#  lvextend -L +5G /dev/vg_r710/vol_xyz

and followed the remaining steps from this link

http://www.michelem.org/2009/01/16/how-to-resize-a-disk-partition-on-a-xen-guest-linux-host/

at the end  used  resizefs

DomU# resize2fs /dev/vg_vm/lv_root

The solution you are offering requires a reboot of the VM, which I'm trying to avoid. I know how to resize a LV and filesystem. I want to resize my disk, and have Xen and the domU notice it, without having to reboot the domU.

Is this actually possible with Xen ?

--
Vivien Bernet-Rollande
Systems&  Networking Engineer